Saturday, September 3, 2011

Icarus may in fact be a phoenix

I can't believe this.  I've finally come to terms with the truth and I still can't believe it.

I've been missing Icarus badly ever since I turned him loose to take in Leo.  But I couldn't move anyone else, was my justification.  Tonight, I realized that that wasn't true.  I had another pet who actually hadn't clicked properly either, one who I could afford to part with in the longer term.

Kalypso.  My poor neglected crab.  She'd gone through three forms: blue on the PTR, white after the expanded stables were put in, and gemmed, her current look.  Tonight, I finally realized that like Kallisto, Kalypso had given up her true form in the past and she'd never be the same without it.  Kallisto had basically become Praline, but Kalypso's form had been inherited by Orpheus during his stint as a crab.  Though it's been years since he last inhabited that shell, the association remains, which is why Kalypso hadn't taken back her blue form.

I don't know why I've hung onto her for this long.  I guess I just didn't want to let go.  I figured she had a shot.  I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Happy trails, Kalypso.  Welcome home, Icarus.


No comments:

Post a Comment