Friday, September 16, 2011

She's baaaack!

Ariadne has had a long and winding journey.  Tonight, it came full circle.

During the Cataclysm beta, I fell for Ariadne as Soriid the Devourer....in the new, improved purple boss silithid form.  Despite the subsequent changes to Soriid, involving his return to his original form, I always considered him to be her heart, since Soriid was the first form Ariadne took.  Though she's spent most of her life in Buru's skin, she's always been bonded with Soriid...and so have I.

Over the past several days that I've been running around in BM spec on Kalliope, I've noticed a reluctance to summon her, even though she had survived my big stable cleaning.  I liked her, but I didn't feel like I needed her by my side.  So today, I went to go try an ant form on her.  I opted for one of the purple/pink ones from Tanaris, due to Ariadne's ties to the zone.

The moment I reached the hive, I had one of those fated flashes: I knew Soriid was up.  I turned north slightly - sure enough, there went SilverDragon.  I flew down to the nearest entrance to tame one of the ants there, suddenly deciding to retame Soriid if that didn't work out.  The ant had barely shrunk to my side when I knew it was wrong.  The black markings were too large; the whole thing felt off.  I resolved to make my way to Soriid...only to realize that the silithid hopping around in my peripheral vision was Soriid.  He had been right there the whole time.  Within moments, Ariadne was back in her original form....and it felt right.  I've never been a fan of the hopping silithids, but I guess that's just how things were meant to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment